Recent Research Interests
My main research interests are understanding the nature of homogeneous and heterogeneous nucleation in a variety of systems using a variety of Monte Carlo methods, the dynamics of earthquakes, and the effect of damage on materials. To this end we are studying mean-field models and Lennard-Jones type systems both theoretically and by computer simulations.
Former students and post-docs
- Jake Ellowitz, (former undergraduate), University of Chicago
Family, Emory University
- Jan Fiala, Lamar University
- Carmen Gagne, Lockheed
- Natali Gulbahce, University of California, San Francisco
- Greg Johnson, Google
- Andre Melcuk, Materials Research Science and Engineering Center, UMass, Amherst
- Rongfeng Sun (former undergraduate), National University of Singapore
- Hui Wang, Goldman Sachs
- Junchao Xia, BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers University
- Jim Yang, Cisco Systems
Gould's home page
Updated 25 June 2018.